Join CMJ and MAG-Net member, WITNESS, in New York for Power Not Paranoia: Surveillance, Sousveillance and Protecting Our Communities on March 15!
Learn about high-tech policing and immigration enforcement, and its impacts on our communities.
Our guest speakers will also share what we can to do protect ourselves from surveillance and how to turn the cameras away from ourselves and back on law enforcement where they belong.
- Virginia Eubanks – Author of Automating Inequality: How High Tech Tools Profile, Police, and Punish the Poor
- Representative of DRUM (Desis Rising Up & Moving)
- Sarah Aoun – Co-Founder of Tandem
- Bina Ahmad – Public Defender of The Legal Aid Society
- Luba Cortes – Rapid Response Coordinator of Make the Road New York
Moderator: Dia Kayyali – Program Manager, Tech+Advocacy of WITNESS
Here are the details:
Thu, March 15, 2018
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EST
41 Union Sq West Suite 320
(Please enter on the 17th St side entrance)
New York, NY 10003
The venue is wheelchair-accessible. Refreshments will be served.
Don’t miss this exciting discussion on surveillance and how we can fight back!