We are a movement building network of over 100 social justice, media, and arts organizations collaborating for communication rights, access, and fair representation. Our approach is to organize and mobilize groups based in disenfranchised communities that work on the front lines of social change.Join the Network
18MillionRising.org (18MR.org) brings Asian American communities together online and offline to reimagine Asian American identity with nuance, specificity, and power. They’re using Asian American identity as the foundation to build a more just and creative world where our experiences are affirmed, our leadership is valued, and all of us have the opportunity to thrive.
What We Do
BUILD a connected, multi-issue community of social justice, media, and arts organizations into an influential network that leads with bold vision and shared purpose.
MOBILIZE to confront power-holders and win democratic communication policies and practices at the local, state, and national level.
LEVERAGE our victories to generate shared financial and strategic resources that strengthen the communications and cultural leadership of the media justice sector and broader social justice movements.
Join us! Membership benefits include:
- Access to a listserv with 100+ organizations nationally
- Weekly email updates on funding and grant opportunities, the latest campaign news, and job opportunities
- Discounts on public trainings including digital organizing, fundraising, and much more
- Campaign tools including Phone2Action, which includes petitions, a text messaging system, and phone call platform to connect to legislators
- Access to our members-only Media Justice Learning Community (including recordings of skills building trainings!)
- Access to press lists both local and national
- Members-focused trainings on communications, fundraising, and more
- Invitation to strategic local and national convenings and trainings
- Campaign briefings on the latest media and technology issues at the intersection of racial and economic justice, including prison phone justice, open and affordable internet, big data and privacy, surveillance, and more.